Monday, October 16, 2017

A Commuter's View on the Jeepney Phaseout

While I believe that there are many problematic jeeps and jeepney drivers on the road, I don't think that the phaseout of the jeepney is a good solution to our transportation problem.  I do think that we could benefit from the use of modern, safer and more efficient public transportation like the proposed modern jeeps, but I also believe that they can co-exist with the older jeeps. I'm in favor of change and modernization but not the kind that commands something to stop existing, like the plan to phase out the old jeeps.

If the modern jeeps are indeed better, the consumer will support it instead of the older jeeps leading to the extinction of the old jeeps. There is no need to enforce a phaseout. Imposing the phaseout leaves the commuting public with less choice. I value my freedom of choice. The consumer should be given the choice between both jeeps.

#TransportStrike #NoToJeepneyPhaseout

No comments: