Friday, November 9, 2018

Questionable Frankincense Essential Oils from Shopee

One of my favorite essential oil is frankincense, specifically the Boswellia carterii variant. The first bottle I bought was from Lazada. It was on the expensive side so I searched for cheaper options. I tried Shopee and I was very disappointed.

Shopee gives a very limited time to review a product. Most reviews are done even before they try the product. That is why I don't trust Shopee reviews for some products. (Lazada allows a buyer to edit the review even months after the review was made. I was able to turn my positive review to negative when the gadget I bought broke after a few months of use.)


I was tempted by the cheap price and the high product rating from reviewers. That is why I bought the frankincense oil offered by JS Essentials. I was so excited after finding an inexpensive option. I couldn't wait but when it comes to Shopee, waiting is part of the price one pays. Aside from the long wait, I was so disappointed with the product. 

Frankincense oil is supposed to be thin in consistency and has a unique scent. The JS Essentials Frankincense Essential Oil is very thick. It is so thick that it doesn't come out of the dripulator. The consistency is that of castor oil. It also has a very faint smell, unlike the one I bought from Lazada. I throwed the oil away. I didn't want to risk my well-being. I decided to no longer buy from JS Essential.


I tried looking for other option. I came across Cedar Alley's ad for its frankincense oil. I was again very tempted to buy it. Luckily, a satisfied customer posted a review describing the oil as "thick". Thanks for that review, I don't have to waste my time and money for Cedar Alley's product.


I have another bottle of frankincense oil coming from another seller. I will update this blog once I receive it. Frankly, I'm expecting it to be "thick", too. 

Online sellers of essential oils abound in Shopee. They import the oils in bulk and rebottle them into small vials. The problem with these sellers is that they are as educated as the next person when it comes to essential oils. I doubt if they have enough resources to scrutinize the products they bought before reselling them. I doubt if they can verify how the oils are actually produced. I doubt if they can even identify the oils if they didn't come with labels.

Related Post(s):

Essential Oils In Metro Manila

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Any uodate on this? I am looking also for a cheaper option.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this review. I was checking Cedar Alley Enterprise and was doubtful. This saved me money.

Where do you buy essential oils? I'm looking for authentic ones but I don't know where to buy them